1/8 Photos of Churros / Fried Dough
Churros a hot and crunchy exterior with a soft chewy interior street food. Originated in Spain they quickly spread to Mexico and Argentina. Today, Churros are also enjoyed in the United States by all nationalities.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- corn oil (for deep frying)
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon sugar (equal parts sugar and cinnamon)
- 1Chocolate Caliente:
- 2Bring milk to a boil. Add in chocolate and sugar.
- 3Stir over heat until chocolate is melted and sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- 5Heat water, butter, salt, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract and nutmeg to a rolling boil.
- 6Mix flour and baking powder together; stir vigorously into water mixture over low heat until mixture forms a ball (about one minute). Remove from heat.
- 7Beat eggs in all at once. Continue beating until smooth.
- 8Let the dough cool. Place dough in a piping bag with a large star tip.
- 9In a large frying pan, heat oil in a pan 2 inches to 375 degrees F.
- 10Pipe the churros in long rods directly into the hot oil.
- 11Fry in 2-3 batches until golden brown on all sides about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- 12Dust while still warm with choice of sugars and serve with Chocolate Caliente.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churros / Fried Dough
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g