Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I am studying Food Technology at school and for my coursework I needed to find an innovative product that would be able to be manufactured. I was studying Spanish food and I came up with this recipe.
- 250 ml water
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g flour
- 115 g milk chocolate
- 1 liter milk (i used whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- 50 ml oil (for deep frying)
- Put the water (250ml), oil, and salt in a heavy pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and add the flour - beat together until the mixture forms a ball then remove from heat
- Heat the oil for deep frying until very hot
- Using an icing syringe, pipe thick strips into the oil and fry until golden brown (if you haven't got one, see Tips below).
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with the caster sugar
- For the chocolate sauce place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the rest of the milk and mix into the chocolate together with the sugar.
- Continue heating the mixture on a low heat stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has thickened remove from the heat and whisk until really smooth and serve with the warm churros (donuts).
- for the chocolate sauce to dip the churros in put the rest of the chocolate into a microwavable dish and melt in the microwave.