Chef #434431's Note:
I am studying Food Technology at school and for my coursework I needed to find an innovative product that would be able to be manufactured. I was studying Spanish food and I came up with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the water (250ml), oil, and salt in a heavy pan and bring to the boil.
- 2Turn the heat down and add the flour - beat together until the mixture forms a ball then remove from heat
- 3Heat the oil for deep frying until very hot
- 4Using an icing syringe, pipe thick strips into the oil and fry until golden brown (if you haven't got one, see Tips below).
- 5Place on a plate and sprinkle with the caster sugar
- 6For the chocolate sauce place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat.
- 7Dissolve the cornflour in the rest of the milk and mix into the chocolate together with the sugar.
- 8Continue heating the mixture on a low heat stirring constantly.
- 9Once the mixture has thickened remove from the heat and whisk until really smooth and serve with the warm churros (donuts).
- 10for the chocolate sauce to dip the churros in put the rest of the chocolate into a microwavable dish and melt in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churros With Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3069.7
- Calories from Fat 1476
- Total Fat 164.0 g
- Saturated Fat 56.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 1773.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 337.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 122.6 g
- Protein 63.9 g