Chef #434431's Note:
I am studying Food Technology at school and for my coursework I needed to find an innovative product that would be able to be manufactured. I was studying Spanish food and I came up with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the water (250ml), oil, and salt in a heavy pan and bring to the boil.
- 2Turn the heat down and add the flour - beat together until the mixture forms a ball then remove from heat
- 3Heat the oil for deep frying until very hot
- 4Using an icing syringe, pipe thick strips into the oil and fry until golden brown (if you haven't got one, see Tips below).
- 5Place on a plate and sprinkle with the caster sugar
- 6For the chocolate sauce place the chocolate and half the milk in a pan and heat.
- 7Dissolve the cornflour in the rest of the milk and mix into the chocolate together with the sugar.
- 8Continue heating the mixture on a low heat stirring constantly.
- 9Once the mixture has thickened remove from the heat and whisk until really smooth and serve with the warm churros (donuts).
- 10for the chocolate sauce to dip the churros in put the rest of the chocolate into a microwavable dish and melt in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churros With Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (881 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3069.7
- Calories from Fat 1476
- Total Fat 164.0 g
- Saturated Fat 56.8 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 1773.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 337.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 122.6 g
- Protein 63.9 g