Yello Kim's Note:
A tasty once every 17 year treat. Great for those summer BBQ's when they are everywhere. 1.2 billion per acre I'm sure they are easy to find.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Find the Adult Cicada they are the ones with red eyes and clear colored wings.You can either find them by following their beautiful screeching sound or just locate any tree.
- 3Leave them as is no need to tear off wings or legs they add to the crispyness.
- 4Mix together flour and seasonings.
- 5Mix together milk and egg.
- 6First dip cicada into egg then into flour mixture. Then drop into oil. Don't worry they wont try to fly away they are too dumb for that.
- 7Fry them for no longer the 2 minutes.
- 8Transfer to paper towels. Then serve immediately.
- 9I like a little hot pepper on mine but you can also use ketchup for the kids.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cicada Chips
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 1203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: