Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
An easy to assemble appetizer. The prep time is for refrigerating overnight.
Make and share this Clam Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) cans clams, drained (reserve 1/4 cup liquid)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- Combine clams, liquid and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Add flour. baking powder, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold into clam mixture.
- Chill over night.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large frying pan to 375°F Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls, do not crowd.
- Fry until golden brown and crisp, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.