10 hrs 30 mins
Supposedly, this recipe was the winner in the 1996 Alaska State Fair National Best Spam Recipe Contest. I have not tried it, but I am posting the recipe in light of a recent thread about Spam in "Community Discussions – Everything Else".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open beer and leave at room temperature overnight.
- 2Chill beer and then add water, oil and eggs.
- 3Mix just enough to break the egg yokes.
- 4In separate bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 5Add to liquid ingredients, while stirring slowly.
- 6Add coconut and stir slowly.
- 7Prepare deep fryer as directed by manufacturer.
- 8When oil is ready, dip 1-inch wide strips of Spam in beer batter and deep fry until they float to the surface.
- 9To make raspberry sauce, combine raspberry syrup or jelly with horseradish sauce in small bowl.
- 10Dip in raspberry sauce and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Beer Batter Spam with Raspberry Horse
Serving Size: 1 (1676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 559.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: