Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Treat yourself once in a while with this great appetizer. Soooo good
Make and share this Coconut-Beer Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons red peppers
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons beer
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- vegetable oil
Spicy Orange Dip
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons prepared brown mustard (or I like Dijon too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on; rinse well, and set aside.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl,mixing well; set aside.
- Combine flour, beer, egg, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Dip shrimp into seasoning mixture; shake off excess mixture.
- Dip seasoned shrimp into beer batter; dredge batter coated shrimp in coconut.
- Fry shrimp, 5 or 6 at a time, in deep, hot oil (350F) about 45 seconds on each side or until shrimp are golden brown.
- Drain shrimp on paper towels, and serve immediately with Spicy Orange Dip.
- For Dip: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups.