From TOH Simple & Delicious. nt
Make and share this Coconut Fried Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Butterfly shrimp by cutting the inner curve of the shrimp deeply, but not all the way through.
- Press to flatten on your cutting board.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Then dip into the egg whites and then into the coconut.
- Fry shrimp in a deep fat fryer or deep skillet, a few at a time, for 1-1.5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a clean paper bag.
- To make dipping sauce, warm the preserves in a small skillet until it melts, and stir in pina colada mix.
- Serve warm dipping sauce with fried shrimp.