1/1 Photo of Coconut Fried Shrimp
Sue Lau's Note:
From TOH Simple & Delicious. nt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butterfly shrimp by cutting the inner curve of the shrimp deeply, but not all the way through.
- 2Press to flatten on your cutting board.
- 3Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess.
- 4Then dip into the egg whites and then into the coconut.
- 5Fry shrimp in a deep fat fryer or deep skillet, a few at a time, for 1-1.5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Drain on a clean paper bag.
- 7To make dipping sauce, warm the preserves in a small skillet until it melts, and stir in pina colada mix.
- 8Serve warm dipping sauce with fried shrimp.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 230.4 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 68.7 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pina colada nonalcoholic drink mix