Danny Beason's Note:
Jeff Jeffress, Crazy Cow Creamery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- 2In small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- 4In another bowl, place the coconut.
- 5Coat the shrimp with the cornstarch and shake off any excess.
- 6Dip into the egg white and then press into the coconut to get full coverage.
- 7Try to keep 1 hand dry, this will keep things a little cleaner.
- 8In a large pan, heat the oil to 350 degrees and gently submerge the shrimp.
- 9Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove them to a rack to drain.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g