Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Jeff Jeffress, Crazy Cow Creamery
Make and share this Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 24 large shrimp, peeled,deveined,butterflied (15 to 20 count)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- canola oil or peanut oil (for frying)
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- In another bowl, place the coconut.
- Coat the shrimp with the cornstarch and shake off any excess.
- Dip into the egg white and then press into the coconut to get full coverage.
- Try to keep 1 hand dry, this will keep things a little cleaner.
- In a large pan, heat the oil to 350 degrees and gently submerge the shrimp.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove them to a rack to drain.