1/3 Photos of Coconut Shrimp With a Kick - Baked or Fried
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
The yummy coconut shrimp you love with a touch of cayenne to liven things up! The tropical goodness of the coconut really adds a nice touch here. I have found these in Southern (tropical) parts of the USA but they are indicative of any tropical local such as parts of Asia, Hawaii, the Caribbean and so on. Two sets of directions allow you choose whether to bake or fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cornstarch, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
- 2Beat egg whites in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 3Place coconut in a zipper bag or on a plate.
- 4Make a slit down inner curve of shrimp and press lightly to flatten shrimp.
- 5Coat shrimp with cornstarch mixture.
- 6Holding each shrimp by the tail dip in egg mixture.
- 7Coat shrimp with coconut.
- 8To FRY: in hot oil (375°F) fry shrimp a few at a time for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side- or until golden brown- don't overcook! Drain on paper towels or a clean brown paper bag.
- 9To BAKE: in a 450°F oven bake shrimp on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 12-14 minutes or until brown turning once.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Shrimp With a Kick - Baked or Fried
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 837.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g