While I'm not claiming it tastes just like the KFC recipe, this is truly an AWESOME recipe for fried chicken!! My mom has been making this since I was a wee little one, and I still absolutely LOVE it! My whole family really enjoys this chicken. The ingredients are a little different, but don't let that scare you. Make it once, and you'll be hooked! Prep. time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and stir until smooth, thick paste is formed.
- 2Spread evenly over chicken.
- 3Place coated chicken in large bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4Pour oil in large, heavy skillet or deep fryer to at least a 3-inch depth, and heat to 425 degrees.
- 5Meanwhile, place soda water in bowl, and dry pancake mix in a seperate bowl.
- 6Place chicken in soda, then dredge with pancake mix.
- 7Set aside to dry a few min.
- 8Fry a few pieces at a time uintil browned (about 5 minutes), and place on large baking sheet.
- 9Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colonel Sander's Kentucky Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 1039.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian salad dressing mix