Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While I'm not claiming it tastes just like the KFC recipe, this is truly an AWESOME recipe for fried chicken!! My mom has been making this since I was a wee little one, and I still absolutely LOVE it! My whole family really enjoys this chicken. The ingredients are a little different, but don't let that scare you. Make it once, and you'll be hooked! Prep. time includes refrigeration time.
- In small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and stir until smooth, thick paste is formed.
- Spread evenly over chicken.
- Place coated chicken in large bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour oil in large, heavy skillet or deep fryer to at least a 3-inch depth, and heat to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place soda water in bowl, and dry pancake mix in a seperate bowl.
- Place chicken in soda, then dredge with pancake mix.
- Set aside to dry a few min.
- Fry a few pieces at a time uintil browned (about 5 minutes), and place on large baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.