Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
While I'm not claiming it tastes just like the KFC recipe, this is truly an AWESOME recipe for fried chicken!! My mom has been making this since I was a wee little one, and I still absolutely LOVE it! My whole family really enjoys this chicken. The ingredients are a little different, but don't let that scare you. Make it once, and you'll be hooked! Prep. time includes refrigeration time.
- In small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and stir until smooth, thick paste is formed.
- Spread evenly over chicken.
- Place coated chicken in large bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour oil in large, heavy skillet or deep fryer to at least a 3-inch depth, and heat to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, place soda water in bowl, and dry pancake mix in a seperate bowl.
- Place chicken in soda, then dredge with pancake mix.
- Set aside to dry a few min.
- Fry a few pieces at a time uintil browned (about 5 minutes), and place on large baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.