1/1 Photo of Comforting Chicken Croquettes
2 hrs 10 mins
There is nothing that says comfort food like a nice hot plate of chicken croquettes with mashed potatoes and gravy. This is such a plain and simple recipe, but it tastes sooo good! I use my food processor to chop the cooked chicken along with the onion and parsley.. I just pulse it a few times and it's ready. (Sorry for shouting the recipe to you.. lol)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- 2blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- 3cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 4remove from heat.
- 5stir in milk.
- 6heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 7boil and stir 1 minute.
- 8prepare thick white sauce.
- 9stir in meat, 1 tablespoon minced onion and the parsley.
- 10season with salt and pepper.
- 11spread mixture in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches (or any pan for that matter), but you want to use a shallow pan to the mixture can completely cool to make it easier to handle.
- 12cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 13mix egg and water.
- 14shape croquettes (i use a 1/4 or 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop out the mixture for the croquettes) and dip in egg, and then breadcrumbs to cover.
- 15chill again.
- 16heat fat or oil (3-4 inches) to 365 degrees in deep fat fryer or kettle.
- 17fry croquettes in hot fat 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until light brown.
- 19keep warm in 350 degree oven until serving time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Comforting Chicken Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.4 mg
- Sodium 377.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.9 g