Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
There is nothing that says comfort food like a nice hot plate of chicken croquettes with mashed potatoes and gravy. This is such a plain and simple recipe, but it tastes sooo good! I use my food processor to chop the cooked chicken along with the onion and parsley.. I just pulse it a few times and it's ready. (Sorry for shouting the recipe to you.. lol)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- remove from heat.
- stir in milk.
- heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- boil and stir 1 minute.
- prepare thick white sauce.
- stir in meat, 1 tablespoon minced onion and the parsley.
- season with salt and pepper.
- spread mixture in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches (or any pan for that matter), but you want to use a shallow pan to the mixture can completely cool to make it easier to handle.
- cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- mix egg and water.
- shape croquettes (i use a 1/4 or 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop out the mixture for the croquettes) and dip in egg, and then breadcrumbs to cover.
- chill again.
- heat fat or oil (3-4 inches) to 365 degrees in deep fat fryer or kettle.
- fry croquettes in hot fat 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until light brown.
- keep warm in 350 degree oven until serving time.
Sorry this was just not very good at all. Had to throw them out and make something else for supper. Sorry
This was a good recipe. Took alot of time but turned out really good. I will differently keep in my recipes to fix again. Thanks for sharing!