Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are pretty much an exact copy of the delicious juicy and crispy tenders we all know and love from Chili's.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 6 cups vegetable oil (amount required by fryer)
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Honey Mustard Sauce:.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium.
- bowl. Whisk to dissolve salt. Whisk in 1 cup self-rising flour. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat chicken pieces with dry flour, then dip chicken into batter. Allow excess batter to drip off, then place battered chicken into the hot oil and fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not overload fryer. Fry 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels.
- Serve with the honey mustard dressing on the side for dipping.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2" (Penguin/Putnam) and www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Honey Mustard sauce is spot on. I made this recipe and it was delicious although I will tweek to find that thinner crispyness of the batter. This batter swells a bit when cooked. I think I'll try thinning with 7-UP to try and get that thinner crispness for the batter. Thank you for a great recipe.