Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are pretty much an exact copy of the delicious juicy and crispy tenders we all know and love from Chili's.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth (Swanson)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 6 cups vegetable oil (amount required by fryer)
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Honey Mustard Sauce:.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium.
- bowl. Whisk to dissolve salt. Whisk in 1 cup self-rising flour. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Coat chicken pieces with dry flour, then dip chicken into batter. Allow excess batter to drip off, then place battered chicken into the hot oil and fry for 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not overload fryer. Fry 3-4 pieces at a time.
- Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels.
- Serve with the honey mustard dressing on the side for dipping.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2" (Penguin/Putnam) and www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Honey Mustard sauce is spot on. I made this recipe and it was delicious although I will tweek to find that thinner crispyness of the batter. This batter swells a bit when cooked. I think I'll try thinning with 7-UP to try and get that thinner crispness for the batter. Thank you for a great recipe.