1/1 Photo of Corn and Crab Fritters With Garlic Aioli
1 hr 25 mins
From O, The Oprah Magazine, 12/05. These sounded so good and different that I thought we would give them a try at a friends house and they were really delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked and kernels removed or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- vegetable oil, for pan frying
- 1TO MAKE AIOLI:.
- 2In a stockpot, place potato and enough cold water to corver; bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- 3In a food processor, blend potato, garlic, mustard, egg yolk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. With machine running, gradually add oil in a slow stream until thick and blended. Add lemon juice and chives; transfer to serving bowl. (YIELD: 1-1/4 cups).
- 4TO MAKE FRITTERS:.
- 5Preheat oven to 250ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with a double layer of paper towels.
- 6In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter, and add onion and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- 7In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and red pepper.
- 8In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Gradually whisk milk mixture into flour mixture just until smooth.
- 9Stir in corn mixture and crabmeat. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, add enough oil to a large, heavy skillet so it reaches 1/4" deep; heat over medium-high heat.
- 11Carefully drop 6-8 mounds of batter by level tablespoon into hot oil. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minutes per side.
- 12Transfer fritters to paper towels; keep wamr in oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 13Serve with garlic aioli and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Crab Fritters With Garlic Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 46
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g