1/3 Photos of Corn Dogs
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A different corn dog recipe to please the inner child. Or the outer child for that matter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and dry mustard in a bowl.
- 2Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 3Mix egg and milk.
- 4Add to dry ingredients.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Dry frankfurters well with paper towels (this allows the coating to stick better).
- 7Insert skewers into the end of the frankfurters.
- 8Pour oil into a skillet to a depth of 1 inch.
- 9Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 10Coat franks with batter.
- 11(if batter is too thick, thin with a little milk).
- 12Arrange coated franks 3 at a time in hot oil.
- 13Turn franks with tongs after 10 seconds to prevent the batter from sliding off.
- 14Cook for 3 minutes, turning again 1/2 way through cooking time.
- 15Serve hot with catsup and mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 1773.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g