I love fish this way. Next to good ole' deep fried batter dipped, it is my fave way to eat fish. This is very simple to make and tastes delicious. Also, it is very versatile, you can serve with almost anything: salad, rice, potatoes, beans, whatever suits you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4-5 medium trout fillets (Catfish works well with this recipe also)
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 59.14 ml nuts, finely chopped (any kind will do, but I prefer either almonds or pecans)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- vegetable oil (about 1 inch in a frying pan)
- 1Beat egg with water in a shallow bowl.
- 2Roll trout in the flour.
- 3In a small paper or large ziplock bag, combine cornmeal, chopped nuts, salt, pepper, paprika, and ground cumin.
- 4One piece at a time, dip fish in egg and then place in bag and toss to coat.
- 5Heat veggie oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- 6Fry fish in oil, turning once, till both sides are brown (approx 10 minutes total).
- 7You can tell when the fish is done, because you can flake it with a fork.
- 8My hubby likes to sprinkle a little lemon or lime juice on his fish, but I like it just the way it is!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal-Crusted Trout/Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 667.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: