1/4 Photos of Country-Fried Chicken with Gravy
This chicken is very moist. I usually use Club crackers for this and love the buttery flavor in the coating. Leftovers (if there are any) reheat well on a baking stone in the oven. I sometimes make another version of the gravy and don't always use the soup. But, the flavor of this compliments the chicken well and is very easy to prepare. The complete meal is served with mashed potatoes, biscuits, corn and a tossed salad....dessert is usually pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Pound the chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, using meat pounder or rolling pin; set aside.
- 3Combine flour and pepper in a shallow dish.
- 4Pour buttermilk into a second dish.
- 5Spread crushed crackers on a plate.
- 6Dredge chicken breasts, one at a time, in seasoned flour.
- 7Dip into buttermilk, then into crushed crackers to coat thoroughly, pressing with fingertips to adhere.
- 8Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- 10Remove to oven safe platter or cookie sheet (I use a baking stone); place in oven to keep warm.
- 11Put remaining cracker crumbs into pan and lightly brown.
- 12Stir mushroom soup into drippings and crumbs.
- 13Combine remaining buttermilk and flour; add to soup mixture.
- 14Add additional milk as needed.
- 15Bring to a boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- 16Serve chicken accompanied by gravy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Fried Chicken with Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 799.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 34.9 g