Another mouthwatering crowd-pleaser. The recipe is easy to double or triple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning, mix
- 1/2 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 ears fresh corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- 4 cups corn oil or 4 cups vegetable oil
SHERRY REMOULADE SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- salt, a little, to taste
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1---TO MAKE SHERRY REMOULADE SAUCE---.
- 2Thoroughly mix together the cayenne, paprika, sugar, and salt.
- 3Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, sherry and horseradish.
- 4Fold in the onions, celery and parsley.
- 5Note: the sauce should be served at room temperature, but any unused sauce should be refrigerated in an airtight container.
- 6---TO MAKE BEIGNETS---.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, flour, milk, baking powder, garlic and Cajun seasoning.
- 8Stir until a sticky batter forms and then fold in corn, crabmeat, and scallions.
- 9In a heavy gauge pot, heat the oil on a high flame.
- 10When the oil is hot, drop golf ball size pieces of the batter into the pot.
- 11Cook until dark brown and no longer doughy in the center- approximately six to eight minutes.
- 12Serve with Sherry Remoulade Sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Corn Beignets Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2621.9
- Calories from Fat 2110
- Total Fat 234.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 236.3 mg
- Sodium 393.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar