Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another mouthwatering crowd-pleaser. The recipe is easy to double or triple.
Make and share this Crab and Corn Beignets Remoulade recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning, mix
- 1⁄2 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 4 ears fresh corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- 4 cups corn oil or 4 cups vegetable oil
SHERRY REMOULADE SAUCE
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- salt, a little, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ---TO MAKE SHERRY REMOULADE SAUCE---.
- Thoroughly mix together the cayenne, paprika, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, sherry and horseradish.
- Fold in the onions, celery and parsley.
- Note: the sauce should be served at room temperature, but any unused sauce should be refrigerated in an airtight container.
- ---TO MAKE BEIGNETS---.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, flour, milk, baking powder, garlic and Cajun seasoning.
- Stir until a sticky batter forms and then fold in corn, crabmeat, and scallions.
- In a heavy gauge pot, heat the oil on a high flame.
- When the oil is hot, drop golf ball size pieces of the batter into the pot.
- Cook until dark brown and no longer doughy in the center- approximately six to eight minutes.
- Serve with Sherry Remoulade Sauce for dipping.