This recipe for freshly fried samosas filled with tasty spiced crab makes a dangerously irresistible snack that's sure to vanish quickly! Ideal for a drinks party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 -8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat, flaked (thawed if frozen)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 24 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces flour
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves, ground turmeric and ginger paste, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- 2Add the crab meat, salt and chopped cilantro, mixing well, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 3Mix together the water and flour to make a flour paste.
- 4Fold a pastry sheet over to make a strip. Place a portion of the crab mixture in one corner of the pastry strip and fold the pastry over into a triangle. Fold the triangle along the strip, sealing the edges with the flour paste.
- 5Repeat the process making 24 samosas in all.
- 6Heat the oil for deep frying in a deep fat-fryer or wok until very hot. Fry the samosas in batches until golden-brown, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 7Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Samosas
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: