Don't cook these too much--just until the cheese is melted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups oil (for deep frying, or you can use non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray to save on fat and calories)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 egg whites
- soy sauce (for dipping) or sweet and sour sauce (for dipping)
- 1In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, imitation crabmeat, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and green onions.
- 2Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 3Put egg whites in a bowl.
- 4Use your fingers or a brush to apply the egg whites over two edges of the wonton wrappers.
- 5Fold into triangles and press to seal edges.
- 6In small batches, deep fry the won tons until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- 7Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- 8(Note: to make this healthier I brush the whole wonton with egg white after it's sealed and then I just sauté it with no-calorie nonstick cooking spray).
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabby Cream Cheese Wontons (Crab Rangoon)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.2
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 607.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g