Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't cook these too much--just until the cheese is melted.
Make and share this Crabby Cream Cheese Wontons (Crab Rangoon) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups oil (for deep frying, or you can use non-stick, zero-calorie cooking spray to save on fat and calories)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 2 egg whites
- soy sauce (for dipping) or sweet and sour sauce (for dipping)
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, imitation crabmeat, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and green onions.
- Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Put egg whites in a bowl.
- Use your fingers or a brush to apply the egg whites over two edges of the wonton wrappers.
- Fold into triangles and press to seal edges.
- In small batches, deep fry the won tons until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- (Note: to make this healthier I brush the whole wonton with egg white after it's sealed and then I just sauté it with no-calorie nonstick cooking spray).
these were a hit with me and BF! some preperation involved, but not overwhelming. and it tasted like authentic crab rangoon. i made a half batch because there were just the 2 of us...there were only a 3-4 left. these were really great!
These were great. I had to half the amount of worchestershire sauce and sesame oil for my family's taste, but I made a double batch and there were only 3 left.
The worcestershir sauce and soy sauce gave this recipe a taste that was a little too strong for me. The mix was alot. I recomend cutting it in half. Other than that they were great. Different but edible.