I've had these great little appetizers for years. They're served all over South MS and LA. This particular recipe came from The Cajun Family Collection. After our crawfish boils we sit around peeling the leftover crawfish to use later in either this recipe or crawfish bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup green pepper, minced
- Tabasco sauce
- fat (for frying)
- 1Sift together dry ingredients.
- 2Beat egg yolks, milk, and vegetable oil until blended.
- 3Add to the dry ingredients and beat just until blended.
- 4Stir in crawfish, rice, and green pepper.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 6Fold into batter.
- 7Add Tabasco to taste.
- 8Drop batter from tablespoon into deep, hot fat 375°F
- 9Fry until golden and puffy, 3 to 4 minutes; turn once.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Serve with garlic aioli.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crawfish Croquettes
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.1 mg
- Sodium 777.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: