Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my specialty and my family requests it when visiting. Those who have gotten the recipe tell me they cook it several times a month. I personally use family packs of wings, the chicken comes out so tender. Ask your grocer to carry Cavendars, it is wonderful on steaks, burgers alike. Also this recipe is great for leftover fried chicken. I have included a reduced fat method too.
- 1 cut up chicken
- cavendars all purpose Greek seasoning (if frying)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1.5 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water (use empty soup can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cavendars all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- Boil or fry chicken until done.
- PREHEAT 375°.
- FRY METHOD: Season with Cavendar's Greek seasoning mix, shake with flour and fry until completely done.
- In bowl mix ingredients together beat with wire whisk.
- Place chicken in deep casserole dish.
- Cover chicken with soup mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice (jasmine (basmati) rice is the best with this recipe).
- REDUCED FAT METHOD: Boil skinless chicken until done.
- Use the broth instead of the water!
- You could also use the broth when cooking the rice.
- This method is much lower in fat than the fried method but doesn't taste as good.
- Also use the healthy request soups to lower even more in fat sodium and calories.
From one Sandy/Sande to the next, I gotta say.. this is my favorite, my kid's favorite (and we all know how picky kids can be) and anyone I make this meal for. Shawn you Rock!