1 hr 30 mins
Shawn C's Note:
This is my specialty and my family requests it when visiting. Those who have gotten the recipe tell me they cook it several times a month. I personally use family packs of wings, the chicken comes out so tender. Ask your grocer to carry Cavendars, it is wonderful on steaks, burgers alike. Also this recipe is great for leftover fried chicken. I have included a reduced fat method too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cut up chicken
- cavendars all purpose Greek seasoning (if frying)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1.5 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water (use empty soup can)
- 1/2 teaspoon cavendars all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1Boil or fry chicken until done.
- 2PREHEAT 375°.
- 3FRY METHOD: Season with Cavendar's Greek seasoning mix, shake with flour and fry until completely done.
- 4In bowl mix ingredients together beat with wire whisk.
- 5Place chicken in deep casserole dish.
- 6Cover chicken with soup mixture.
- 7Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- 8Serve over rice (jasmine (basmati) rice is the best with this recipe).
- 9REDUCED FAT METHOD: Boil skinless chicken until done.
- 10Use the broth instead of the water!
- 11You could also use the broth when cooking the rice.
- 12This method is much lower in fat than the fried method but doesn't taste as good.
- 13Also use the healthy request soups to lower even more in fat sodium and calories.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Mushroom Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.0
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 1570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 50.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of chicken and mushroom soup