1/2 Photos of Crisco's Super Crisp Country Fried Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
From the Crisco website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and egg in medium bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning in paper or plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time. Shake to coat.
- 3Dip chicken in milk-egg mixture. Shake second time in flour mixture. Skillet or deep fry in Crisco (see below).
- 4To skillet fry, heat 1/2 to 1-inch Crisco to 365° in electric or in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Reduce heat to 275° or medium-low heat. Continue cooking until chicken is tender about 30-40 minutes. Do not cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking. Drain on paper towels.
- 5To deep fry, heat 2 or 3-inches Crisco to 365° in deep fryer or deep saucepan. Fry chicken for 15-18 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 6For extra spicy chicken, increase black pepper to 2 teaspoons and poultry seasoning to 1/2 teaspoon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisco's Super Crisp Country Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 771.5
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 264.2 mg
- Sodium 234.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 59.1 g