Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family goes fishing every year at Neah Bay and this recipe is the result!
Make and share this Crisp Cracker Coated Halibut recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs halibut, cut into 2-3 inch long strips
- 1 (10 ounce) boxwheat thin crackers
- 1 (4 ounce) sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt and pepper
- oil, to deep fry
- Heat oil.
- Place both kinds of crackers in the blender and blend till fine crumbs set aside.
- Combine milk and eggs, mixing well, set aside.
- Blend crackers, flour, dill, garlic, salt, pepper, and seafood seasoning together.
- Dip halibut strips in egg mixture and then the cracker mixture.
- Deep fry till golden.
- Place in oven safe pan lined w/ paper towels and then place in 350° oven.
- Cook 5 minutes and serve.