Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy way to cook that wild turkey your mighty hunter brings home. From Texas Highways magazine posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs, then add salt and pepper.
- Tear strips of turkey off breastbone.
- Dip turkey in eggs, then flour.
- Bring oil to 375 degrees in a Dutch oven or large stock pot, making allowance for the volume of the turkey, and fry turkey on medium-high until browned.
- Cover Dutch oven while frying to prevent splattering.
The only think I did differently was seasoned the meat with a seasoned meat tenderizer and some pepper before dipping in the egg mixture! Turned out tender and yummy!
i was cooking this before deep fried turkey was in fashion which ages me i guess lol but seriously this is a great way to cook this