Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy way to cook that wild turkey your mighty hunter brings home. From Texas Highways magazine posted in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs, then add salt and pepper.
- Tear strips of turkey off breastbone.
- Dip turkey in eggs, then flour.
- Bring oil to 375 degrees in a Dutch oven or large stock pot, making allowance for the volume of the turkey, and fry turkey on medium-high until browned.
- Cover Dutch oven while frying to prevent splattering.
The only think I did differently was seasoned the meat with a seasoned meat tenderizer and some pepper before dipping in the egg mixture! Turned out tender and yummy!
i was cooking this before deep fried turkey was in fashion which ages me i guess lol but seriously this is a great way to cook this