2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Savoury appetizers - posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drain and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- 1Combine sausage and onion in a large pan; cook until sausage is browned, stirring for it to crumble- drain well.
- 2Stir in sauerkraut and 2 tbsp breadcrumbs.
- 3Combine 8 ounces cheese, parsley, 1 tsp mustard, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl; add sausage mixture, stirring well.
- 4Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
- 5Combine mayonnaise and ¼ cup mustard; set aside.
- 6Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- 7Shape sausage mixture into ¾ balls; roll in flour.
- 8Dip each ball in reserved egg mixture; roll balls in breadcrumbs.
- 9Pour oil to a depth of 2" into a deep skillet; heat to 375F degrees.
- 10Fry, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Drain on paper towel.
- 12Serve with mayonnaise mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crisp German Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 758.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g