Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
Savoury appetizers - posted by request
Make and share this Crisp German Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drain and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Combine sausage and onion in a large pan; cook until sausage is browned, stirring for it to crumble- drain well.
- Stir in sauerkraut and 2 tbsp breadcrumbs.
- Combine 8 ounces cheese, parsley, 1 tsp mustard, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl; add sausage mixture, stirring well.
- Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
- Combine mayonnaise and ¼ cup mustard; set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- Shape sausage mixture into ¾ balls; roll in flour.
- Dip each ball in reserved egg mixture; roll balls in breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2" into a deep skillet; heat to 375F degrees.
- Fry, a few at a time, for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with mayonnaise mixture.