1/8 Photos of Crispy Chicken Breasts
This recipe I made after I cooked and tasted the fried chicken recipe (id #63339) from Zaar chef Ellie. I like crispy chicken and that is how this turned out. It does require a lot of standing time, so it is a dish you will have to plan for time wise. Nice served with a salad. Prep time does not include the standing times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flatten the chicken breasts between parchment paper or between plastic sheets.
- 2Mix the buttermilk with the hot sauce and the garlic, put the chicken covered in the buttermilk mixture in a non-metallic dish, marinate for at least two hours turning them over once.
- 3Mix the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch and seasoning in a shallow dish, take the chicken out of the marinade, let the buttermilk drip off, coat in the flour, coat the other breast then repeat the coating again starting with the first one.
- 4If you still see wet parts on the breasts, coat again.
- 5Put the chicken back in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- 6Discard the marinade.
- 7Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan until it is pretty hot.
- 8Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides, lower the temperature and fry them until they are done, approx 10 minutes in total depending on the thickness of the breasts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g