Plan ahead the chicken strips need to chill for a minumum of 6-24 hours, also the dipping sauce needs to chill before using to blend flavors, it is best to make both at the same time and refrigerate. If you do not care for the taste of cumin then omit. Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -9 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into about 1-inch strips)
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups flour
- oil (for frying)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspooon black pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch paprika
- Tabasco sauce
- 1For dipping sauce; mix all ingredients in a glass bowl; cover and chill until ready to serve with the strips.
- 2For the chicken; In a large bowl combine the milk with salt, black pepper, cumin and garlic powder until well combind, then add in chicken strips, toss to combine with the milk mixture, cover and refrigerate for 6-24 hours.
- 3Heat oil in a large Dutch oven to 3-inches depth to 350 degrees.
- 4Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
- 5Drain the chicken well and discard marinade (do not rinse the chicken).
- 6Coat the strips in the flour.
- 7Cook a few strips at a time until golden.
- 8Drain on paper towels or on a clean brown paper bag.
- 9Serve hot or warm with prepared dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Chicken Strips With Creamy Chili Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 949.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 43.8 g