Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I found this recipe while waiting for surgery. They're quick and most everyone can get their hands on Bisquick or make some from a recipe here. They'll go great as a dipper with some sweet fondue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 quart heavy saucepan, heat the oil until a thermometer reaches 360 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon - mix that in a small bowl and set aside).
- 3Stir in the milk, vanilla, and egg. Drop a tablespoonful of batter into the hot oil, frying just until golden.
- 4Drain on paper towels and sprinkle the hot churros with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- 5Serve as-is or drizzled with chocolate, caramel, or with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Churros Using Bisquick
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.3
- Calories from Fat 1048
- Total Fat 116.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 528.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g