Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe while waiting for surgery. They're quick and most everyone can get their hands on Bisquick or make some from a recipe here. They'll go great as a dipper with some sweet fondue.
- In a 4 quart heavy saucepan, heat the oil until a thermometer reaches 360 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (except the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon - mix that in a small bowl and set aside).
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and egg. Drop a tablespoonful of batter into the hot oil, frying just until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle the hot churros with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Serve as-is or drizzled with chocolate, caramel, or with ice cream.