The secret here is to use soybean oil and the flour/dry mustard mix to achieve this wonderful crispy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour and dry mustard together.
- 2Heat the oil to 400 degrees.
- 3Cut the fish into approximately 7x2" wedges.
- 4With a mixer, blend the flour mixture, water, egg, sugar and salt.
- 5Dip each fillet into the batter coating generously.
- 6Quickly drop in the hot oil.
- 7Fry each fillet until dark golden brown (about 5 minutes); remove and drain ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Deep-Fried Cod Fish
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2414.7
- Calories from Fat 2034
- Total Fat 226.0 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.3 mg
- Sodium 2270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 63.1 g