Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The secret here is to use soybean oil and the flour/dry mustard mix to achieve this wonderful crispy flavor.
- Mix the flour and dry mustard together.
- Heat the oil to 400 degrees.
- Cut the fish into approximately 7x2" wedges.
- With a mixer, blend the flour mixture, water, egg, sugar and salt.
- Dip each fillet into the batter coating generously.
- Quickly drop in the hot oil.
- Fry each fillet until dark golden brown (about 5 minutes); remove and drain ENJOY!