1/7 Photos of Crispy Fish and Chips
Use Cod a nice hearty white fish! Make sure the potatoes are towel dried before frying. You can save time and fry in 2 pans.I like the malt vinegar, but you can serve with tartar sauce. If you have left over batter dip a sliced sweet onion and fry (Onion Rings) ** Thes are accepted for the Cajun Region based on the seasonings used as they are very indicative of the way Fish and Chips is made in Louisiana**
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F.
- 2Prepare batter: Mix flour, cornmeal, old bay, and salt together.
- 3Add ale and mix well.
- 4Batter should be thin.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer.
- 6DO NOT FILL TO TOP.
- 7The potatoes and the fish will cause the oil to bubble.
- 8Allow room for the oil to rise.
- 9Cook 1/4 of the potatoes until golden brown, about five minutes.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Place in warmed oven.
- 12Repeat process until potatoes are done.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Dip fish in batter, allowing excess to drip off.
- 15Fry in batches until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- 16Drain on paper towels.
- 17Keep warm in oven until all fish are cooked.
- 18Season with salt and pepper.
- 19Serve with a sprinking of malt vinegar.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (874 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2574.1
- Calories from Fat 1988
- Total Fat 220.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.6 mg
- Sodium 278.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 62.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning