1/1 Photo of Crispy Fish in Chili Sauce
Ben Ross's Note:
One of my family's favourite dishes. A bit hot but, you can alter how hot it is. Very tasty and very morish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fish fillets
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup water
- oil (for deep-frying)
- 1The strength of the chili sauce will effect how hot this dish is.
- 2I recommend a sweet chili sauce for those who don't like it too hot.
- 3Place oil, ginger, garlic, tomato sauce and chili sauce in a pan on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and let it simmer on low for a few more minutes.
- 5Leave the sauce to sit while you prepare the fish.
- 6Chop the fish into approximately bite-size pieces.
- 7Sift the flour and cornflour into a bowl.
- 8Make a well in the flour and add the egg white and water.
- 9Mix to a smooth batter.
- 10Coat the pieces of fish with the batter.
- 11Heat oil in large pan and dip the fish into the oil.
- 12Cook the pieces for a few minutes each (cook many at a time).
- 13Heat the sauce back up.
- 14Once the fish is all cooked add the sauce to the fish in a large frying pan.
- 15Serve when hot.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fish in Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 1108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 46.7 g