I make this allot, I always had scalloped potatoes peas and a garden salad with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray cookie sheet lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3Combine buttermilk and hot pepper sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 4Remove skin and fat from chicken; discard.
- 5Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- 6Place in buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, salt, chili powder, cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper in shallow dish.
- 9Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat well.
- 10Place chicken, meat side up, on cookie sheet.
- 11Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- 12Bake chicken 20 minutes (10 minutes for boneless); remove cookie sheet from oven and spray again with vegetable cooking spray.
- 13Bake 10 to 15 minutes more, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 898.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g