Haven't tried this one yet. Sounds good though!!
Make and share this Crispy Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, salt, paprika, orageno, sage and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture; place in the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake until coated.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 350°F.
- Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Place in two ungreased 15 by 10-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
I made this recipe for our dinner on 11/7/09. This recipe was made as written, except I used four chicken legs,3 thighs, and two pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts. And since there was alot of the coating, the chicken was " double dipped " :). And instead of putting it in the oven, I just finished it up on the stovetop. But, I do think that if this is made again, the flour will be cut down by 1/2 cup and the seasonings will be doubled except for the salt. But other than that, it turned out very crispy. Thanks for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Tried it today and it was delicious. Grandsons had to have seconds. I did not put it in the oven as the weather was just too hot turn on. I just deep fried the chicken pieces and it turned out crispy and moist. I made the amount flour mixture but only used half as I had only 1 chicken. I saved the other half for another chicken later. Thanks.