1/2 Photos of Crispy Fried Onion Strings
This recipe produces tasty and crispy thin onion rings. Onions need to be refrigerated in ranch dressing mixture for an hour, so plan ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice onion into thinnest possible rings.
- 2Place in a shallow dish.
- 3Combine ranch dressing and milk and pour over onions.
- 4Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 5In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- 6Shake to evenly distribute ingredients.
- 7Heat oil to 375° in deep saucepan.
- 8Remove a small handful of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess.
- 9Drop into flour, separate rings and shake to coat.
- 10Drop a few rings at a time into hot oil and cook until golden.
- 11Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towels.
- 12Repeat with remaining rings until all have been battered and fried.
- 13Keep warm.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Onion Strings
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2517.6
- Calories from Fat 2266
- Total Fat 251.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 1853.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g