This recipe produces tasty and crispy thin onion rings. Onions need to be refrigerated in ranch dressing mixture for an hour, so plan ahead.
- Slice onion into thinnest possible rings.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Combine ranch dressing and milk and pour over onions.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Shake to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Heat oil to 375° in deep saucepan.
- Remove a small handful of onion rings from dressing and shake off excess.
- Drop into flour, separate rings and shake to coat.
- Drop a few rings at a time into hot oil and cook until golden.
- Remove from hot oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining rings until all have been battered and fried.
- Keep warm.