Sue Lau's Note:
Great for snacking and as an appetizer! These can be cooked ahead, frozen, and reheated in a 350 degree oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop shrimp into fine paste, or use food processor.
- 2Beat egg whites until foamy, then add the bacon and beat 2 minutes more. Add shrimp paste, tapioca starch, 1 teaspoons salt, white pepper, and wine. Squeeze ginger in garlic press, pouring juice into mixture. Mix all ingredients well.
- 3Heat a wok until very hot. Add 2 cups peanut oil and lower heat to medium.
- 4Dip a measuring tablespoon in cold water, then use it to spoon mixture into a ball (cold water helps prevent sticking).
- 5Drop ball carefully into hot oil. Fry each ball about 2 minutes or until they float and become fluffy, turning balls to cook evenly. Do not overcook.
- 6Drain on paper-toweling.
- 7Serve with Peppercorn-salt dip, made by mixing 1/4 cup coarse salt with 2 tablespoons Szechuan peppercorns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Shrimp Croquettes, Shanghai Style
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 310.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: