Crispy! Serve with tartar sauce. You can cut into small pieces before breading so the kids can eat like nuggets. You can also deep fry! Stays crispy for packing in a lunch or picnic! A major importance in artisanal fishing in Africa and the Levant, and are of increasing importance in aquaculture around the world.
- Salt and pepper fish.
- Dust fillets with 1/3 cup of flour.
- Mix egg with buttermilk in one bowl.
- Mix flour, corn meal, baking soda and baking powder, Old Bay in another bowl.
- Dip all floured fish into egg then flour mixture.
- Heat oil medium-high in large pan.
- Fry, turning after 2 minutes on each side.
- Salt as soon as you take out of pan.
- Should be done in three batches.