1/2 Photos of Crumbed Calamari
Ben Ross's Note:
I love calamari. This is how to crumb them at home. Look for more calamari recipes coming soon. Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy the experience
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place into a plastic bag so you can shake the crumbs onto the calamari.
- 2Beat the egg and combine with the milk and place this into a small dish.
- 3Heat the oil up to 160C degrees.
- 4Dip the calamari rings individually into the egg/milk mix and then into the plastic bag and shake.
- 5The calamari should be well coated.
- 6Deep fry until a nice brown tinge. I tend to fry mine for about 4-5 minutes. It also depends on the calamari some it is better at a lower heat for longer. This rule especially applies to bought crumbed calamari.
- 8Serve with tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crumbed Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 157.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: