1/1 Photo of Crunchy Deep Fried Chicken Wings
These chicken wings remind me of KFC Extra Crispy chicken! A crunchy outside coating makes them great with or without sauce. I serve them "naked" with sauces on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken wings, first and second parts, divided, defrosted (I buy the Kroger brand in the freezer section at Fry's)
- 2 tablespoons garfava bean flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 4 tablespoons dry rub seasonings (I use Stubbs Bar-B-Q Spice Rub)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees, and oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Combine garfava bean flour, cornstarch, tapioca starch, sorghum flour and Stubbs seasoning in a plastic container with a lid. Shake to mix well.
- 3Combine egg and milk in a bowl and beat until mixed well. Put chicken in the container of flour, and shake to coat. Shake off extra flour, dip in egg mixture, then return to container of flour for another shake. Remove from flour, shake off excess, and move to plate. Continue to coat remaining pieces of chicken.
- 4Select largest pieces of chicken first. Dip chicken in flour one more time just prior to putting in fryer, and shake off excess flour. Fry chicken pieces for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and juices are running clear. Do not cook all chicken at one time, or your oil will cool down too much. I cook "drummies" with "drummies" and "flatties" with "flatties".
- 5When finished frying, move to wire rack on cookie sheet, and put in preheated oven while frying other pieces.
- 6SERVING SUGGESTIONS:.
- 7Wings may be served "naked", with sauces (barbecue, honey mustard, hot sauce) on the side, or tossed in sauce. You could also tweak the seasonings and serve with sesame our sweet and sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Deep Fried Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.0
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 225.2 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings