1/2 Photos of Curried Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
I had this thick and savoury soup at a dinner party one night. There wasn't a spoonful left by the end of the night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups pumpkin puree or 4 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups whipping cream (if you want to cut the fat) or 3 cups 2% low-fat milk (if you want to cut the fat)
- 1Use a large saucepan to sauté the mushrooms, onion and butter until onions are clear.
- 2Add flour and curry powder and blend, stirring for five minutes.
- 3Add stock, pumpkin, brown sugar and nutmeg, stirring until blended.
- 4Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth.
- 5Add milk or whipping cream.
- 6Reheat until hot.
- 7For Vegetarian use the vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 921.4
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.6 g
- Cholesterol 274.6 mg
- Sodium 485.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 15.0 g