Michelle (Chef #632056)'s Note:
This is a recipe from Sri Lanka
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (170 g) flaked light chunk tuna in water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaf (optional)
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 1/2 inch gingerroot, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cardamom powder (optional)
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- toasted ground breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Drain the two cans of tuna, keeping the liquid.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet.
- 3Add crushed ginger and garlic. Stir and add onions, green chili, curry leaves, 1 piece of rampe (optional) and cinnamon.
- 4Cook until the onions are tender and light brown.
- 5Add drained tuna and stir. Cook for a few minutes. Add the drained tuna liquid and stir, cooking until dry.
- 6Add salt, pepper and cardamom powder. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- 7Add potatoes and mix well. Separate the mix and shape into small (2 inches diameter) balls of thick discs.
- 8Coat the balls with beaten egg and then with the toasted bread crumbs.
- 9Deep fry in hot oil until light brown.
- 10Cutlets are great with rice and curry.
Nutritional Facts for Cutlets
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.2 mg
- Sodium 336.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: