Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Sri Lanka
Make and share this Cutlets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (170 g) flaked light chunk tuna in water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaf (optional)
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cardamom powder (optional)
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- toasted ground breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- Drain the two cans of tuna, keeping the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic. Stir and add onions, green chili, curry leaves, 1 piece of rampe (optional) and cinnamon.
- Cook until the onions are tender and light brown.
- Add drained tuna and stir. Cook for a few minutes. Add the drained tuna liquid and stir, cooking until dry.
- Add salt, pepper and cardamom powder. Mix well. Turn off heat.
- Add potatoes and mix well. Separate the mix and shape into small (2 inches diameter) balls of thick discs.
- Coat the balls with beaten egg and then with the toasted bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until light brown.
- Cutlets are great with rice and curry.