These cookies are a staple in Denmark. I can remember at all the Ladies Auxilliary Bazaars these cookies were always there -in the coffee shop, for sale with other baked goods etc. Simple but very good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg Yolks until light.
- 2Add cream & sugar, beat well.
- 3Add flour, salt& cinnamon.
- 5Roll out small amount of dough to less than 1/8" thickness.
- 6Cut into 1x3" strips, cut the edges diagonally.
- 7Make a lengthwise slit in the middle of the strip and pull one end through.
- 8Fry in 350F deep oil for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- 9Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Danish "Klejner" Fried Twists
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g