Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies are a staple in Denmark. I can remember at all the Ladies Auxilliary Bazaars these cookies were always there -in the coffee shop, for sale with other baked goods etc. Simple but very good
- Beat egg Yolks until light.
- Add cream & sugar, beat well.
- Add flour, salt& cinnamon.
- Roll out small amount of dough to less than 1/8" thickness.
- Cut into 1x3" strips, cut the edges diagonally.
- Make a lengthwise slit in the middle of the strip and pull one end through.
- Fry in 350F deep oil for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.