Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Use big bananas! If your bananas are too small or too mushy, they will burn.
Make and share this Deep-fried Bananas with Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways, then half again, so that you have long strips.
- Mix the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs in a bowl and roll the banana pieces in it.
- Press some of the mixture into the flesh to make sure it is well coated.
- Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small heavy sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 180 degrees Celsius.
- How much oil you use is relevant to how big your wok is.
- Put enough so it will cover the bananas, but never fill it more than halfway.
- Deep fry the bananas in batches for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the fried bananas on a piece of paper towel on a place to let the oil drain.
- To serve, place the bananas on a plate and pour some caramel sauce over top.