Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use big bananas! If your bananas are too small or too mushy, they will burn.
Make and share this Deep-fried Bananas with Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut milk
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways, then half again, so that you have long strips.
- Mix the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs in a bowl and roll the banana pieces in it.
- Press some of the mixture into the flesh to make sure it is well coated.
- Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small heavy sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 180 degrees Celsius.
- How much oil you use is relevant to how big your wok is.
- Put enough so it will cover the bananas, but never fill it more than halfway.
- Deep fry the bananas in batches for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the fried bananas on a piece of paper towel on a place to let the oil drain.
- To serve, place the bananas on a plate and pour some caramel sauce over top.