Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use big bananas! If your bananas are too small or too mushy, they will burn.
Make and share this Deep-fried Bananas with Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways, then half again, so that you have long strips.
- Mix the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs in a bowl and roll the banana pieces in it.
- Press some of the mixture into the flesh to make sure it is well coated.
- Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small heavy sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 180 degrees Celsius.
- How much oil you use is relevant to how big your wok is.
- Put enough so it will cover the bananas, but never fill it more than halfway.
- Deep fry the bananas in batches for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the fried bananas on a piece of paper towel on a place to let the oil drain.
- To serve, place the bananas on a plate and pour some caramel sauce over top.