Use big bananas! If your bananas are too small or too mushy, they will burn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways, then half again, so that you have long strips.
- 2Mix the hazelnuts and breadcrumbs in a bowl and roll the banana pieces in it.
- 3Press some of the mixture into the flesh to make sure it is well coated.
- 4Heat all the sauce ingredients in a small heavy sauce pan, stirring constantly.
- 5Heat the oil in a wok to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6How much oil you use is relevant to how big your wok is.
- 7Put enough so it will cover the bananas, but never fill it more than halfway.
- 8Deep fry the bananas in batches for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9Place the fried bananas on a piece of paper towel on a place to let the oil drain.
- 10To serve, place the bananas on a plate and pour some caramel sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-fried Bananas with Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.6
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 69.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g