Made this for Fathers day. You need a deep fryer, an injector and a thermometer for this. This must be made out doors away from building on a bright sunny day.
- Take whole turkey place in deep fryer fill with water remove turkey.
- Mark the water line with a marker.
- Spill out water and dry careful not to remove marked line.
- Fill with canola oil.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot melt butter and oil and fresh herbs and crushed garlic let simmer 15 minutes.
- Strained and set aside.
- Save garlic and herbs.
- Tie legs and wings with cotton string to keep them in place next to the body.
- Place the chopped strained garlic and herbs under the skin of the turkey.
- Inject the herbed butter-oil mixture into the breast and legs.
- Rub the cajun mixture inside and outside of the turkey.
- Place the turkey breast side up in lowering slowly into oil.
- CAUTION Of splattering oil.
- Fry turkey 3 1/2 minute per pound.
- Use a meat thermometer in the thigh and when it reads 180 degrees its done.
- Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Lets rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
- I`m really sorry that I didn`t get a picture of the turkey before I carved it.
- So the carved picture is what you get for now.
- I`m making this for the Fourth of July so I hope to get the picture of the whole turkey then.