1/1 Photo of Deep Fried Cajun Turkey
1 hr 5 mins
Made this for Fathers day. You need a deep fryer, an injector and a thermometer for this. This must be made out doors away from building on a bright sunny day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take whole turkey place in deep fryer fill with water remove turkey.
- 2Mark the water line with a marker.
- 3Spill out water and dry careful not to remove marked line.
- 4Fill with canola oil.
- 5Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 6In a small pot melt butter and oil and fresh herbs and crushed garlic let simmer 15 minutes.
- 7Strained and set aside.
- 8Save garlic and herbs.
- 9Tie legs and wings with cotton string to keep them in place next to the body.
- 10Place the chopped strained garlic and herbs under the skin of the turkey.
- 11Inject the herbed butter-oil mixture into the breast and legs.
- 12Rub the cajun mixture inside and outside of the turkey.
- 13Place the turkey breast side up in lowering slowly into oil.
- 14CAUTION Of splattering oil.
- 15Fry turkey 3 1/2 minute per pound.
- 16Use a meat thermometer in the thigh and when it reads 180 degrees its done.
- 17Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- 18Lets rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 19Carve and serve.
- 20I`m really sorry that I didn`t get a picture of the turkey before I carved it.
- 21So the carved picture is what you get for now.
- 22I`m making this for the Fourth of July so I hope to get the picture of the whole turkey then.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Cajun Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.0
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 382.6 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 111.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves