1 hr 5 mins
This is a family favorite I created one evening when we first got our deep fryer. If you don't have a deep fryer, a skillet will work just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Put chicken breasts in a large pot, cover with water.
- 2*Chop up the onion and add it to the water, along with the garlic powder and season all (additional seasoning may be added to the water if desired).
- 3*Bring to a boil and then simmer until the chicken is completely cooked.
- 4*Drain the water and dispose of the onion, return the chicken to the pot and shred it with two forks.
- 5*To the chicken, add the taco seasoning, the cream of chicken soup, the cheddar cheese and the cream cheese. Blend Well.
- 6*Place this mixture in the middle of your tortillas, fold them securely (use the toothpicks to secure if needed) and then deep fry until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 729.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: