Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Easy and quick to make. Tastes better than the restaurant's!
Make and share this Deep Fried Coconut Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or deep skillet to 325*.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, salt, ginger, and pepper.
- Beat egg whites, just until foamy.
- Coat shrimp with flour; dip into egg whites.
- Pat coconut onto shrimp.
- Fry, turning once, for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
The coconut gives an interesting twist. Very good:)
Very tasty and extremely easy to fix. I served with an orange marmalade, dijon mustard and horseradish sauce. My 6 year old loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is an amazing recipe! The only thing I did differently was to add panko breadcrumbs to the coconut. The kids and the grownups both can't get enough!