Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in my mother's recipes and it is so simple and a real crowd pleaser!! 8) (Prep time includes refrigerating time).
- Melt the butter, and blend in the flour, then milk.
- Cook until thickened, stir continuously.
- Cut the crabmeat into small pieces, removing fiber.
- Combine crabmeat with the spices, onion, parsley, and Worcestershire to cream sauce.
- Lightly sprinkle the breadcrumbs on bottom of pan.
- Spread the mixture in pan and chill for 1/2 hour.
- When chilled, mold the mixture into small balls and roll in fine bread crumbs.
- Then dip in beaten egg, and re-coat in crumbs.
- Fry in deep fat about 350F, or until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels, stick tooth-picks in and serve!