I found this in my mother's recipes and it is so simple and a real crowd pleaser!! 8) (Prep time includes refrigerating time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter, and blend in the flour, then milk.
- 2Cook until thickened, stir continuously.
- 3Cut the crabmeat into small pieces, removing fiber.
- 4Combine crabmeat with the spices, onion, parsley, and Worcestershire to cream sauce.
- 5Lightly sprinkle the breadcrumbs on bottom of pan.
- 6Spread the mixture in pan and chill for 1/2 hour.
- 7When chilled, mold the mixture into small balls and roll in fine bread crumbs.
- 8Then dip in beaten egg, and re-coat in crumbs.
- 9Fry in deep fat about 350F, or until lightly browned.
- 10Drain on paper towels, stick tooth-picks in and serve!
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Crabmeat Balls
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 168.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g