LONNY BOMBARD's Note:
This was a first time recipe try out. My friends and I were having a X-mas party and when it came time to eat everyone raved about how moist and flavorful it was! So I would say give it a try. Enjoy!!!! LONNY
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 -10 lbs ham (bone in skin on)
- marinade (optional,anything injectable)
- peanut oil (for your deep fryer,aprox.5 gallons, less for a larger ham)
- 1Thaw ham completely and pat dry.
- 2(When deep frying moisture on the surface will cause a lot of oil popping and splattering, be careful) Marinade (if using) Inject whatever marinade you want to use into several place throughout the ham (I recommend 10-15 spots).
- 3Place the ham in the steamer basket that comes with most turkey deep fryers and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY lower the ham into the hot oil (350-375 degrees).
- 4There is a lot of water in the ham!
- 5Since I couldn't put it in otherwise you must cook the ham about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per pound depending on the size of the ham and how much it cools down the oil.
- 6Obviously a smaller ham will take less time if the oil is hotter and a bigger ham will take longer even with the oil hot.
- 7If when you start the oil cools down don't worry just watch the temp and adjust your cooking time.
- 8Also for a bigger ham you would want to use less oil in the deep fryer so it doesn't overflow when the ham is lowered in.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Ham
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 206.3 mg
- Sodium 6017.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 88.5 g