Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a first time recipe try out. My friends and I were having a X-mas party and when it came time to eat everyone raved about how moist and flavorful it was! So I would say give it a try. Enjoy!!!! LONNY
- 7 -10 lbs ham (bone in skin on)
- marinade (optional,anything injectable)
- peanut oil (for your deep fryer,aprox.5 gallons, less for a larger ham)
- Thaw ham completely and pat dry.
- (When deep frying moisture on the surface will cause a lot of oil popping and splattering, be careful) Marinade (if using) Inject whatever marinade you want to use into several place throughout the ham (I recommend 10-15 spots).
- Place the ham in the steamer basket that comes with most turkey deep fryers and CAREFULLY and SLOWLY lower the ham into the hot oil (350-375 degrees).
- There is a lot of water in the ham!
- Since I couldn't put it in otherwise you must cook the ham about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per pound depending on the size of the ham and how much it cools down the oil.
- Obviously a smaller ham will take less time if the oil is hotter and a bigger ham will take longer even with the oil hot.
- If when you start the oil cools down don't worry just watch the temp and adjust your cooking time.
- Also for a bigger ham you would want to use less oil in the deep fryer so it doesn't overflow when the ham is lowered in.