We found out by accident that simple cream cheese and tortilla roll ups are delicious deep fried. These can be made ahead and stored in freezer bags until they're ready to be fried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 40 canned jalapeno slices, minced
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1Mix all the ingredients except for the flour tortillas.
- 2Spread mixture evenly over the flour tortillas.
- 3Roll up the tortillas as tightly as possible.
- 4Chill for at least one hour.
- 5Slice diagonally about 2" in length.
- 6Discard the ends and any pieces not tightly wrapped.(save them for snacks).
- 7Chill for another hour.
- 8Immediately deep fry them at 350 degrees just until they float and are lightly browned which should be a minute or two.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Jalapeno Roll Ups
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned jalapeno slices