Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love jalapenos, you will love this!
Make and share this Deep-Fried Jalapeno Slices recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, slighty beaten
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 quart vegetable oil
- 8 -10 medium jalapeno peppers (sliced in half or quarters)
- In a bowl mix together flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, eggs and beer together until well combined.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large heavy pot to 365 degrees.
- Dip/coat the jalapeno slices into the batter, then carefully drop into the hot oil.
- Fry until browned (the slices will float to the surface when fully cooked, they should be browned and crispy).
These were very good, but the seasonings didn't really stand out for me, so they were a bit bland. I did use fresh jalapenos and sliced them and they turned out very spicy. I think this would be much better with a sweet dipping sauce (sweet & sour or melted preserves) as a counterpoint, or even ranch dressing as another reviewer has said. Thanks for sharing. ~Sue
These were delicious. Both my hubby and I dipped them in ranch dressing. I used the jarred jalapeno slices instead of slicing my own, but still wonderful! I will make these often!